About the role:
Elemental Machines is looking for an experienced, full-time In-House Recruiter to join our team.
The In-House Recruiter is an integral part of Elemental Machines’ operations team, which helps drive internal growth to support aggressive scaling of the business. The role will lead all recruitment and talent sourcing activities for various positions in functional areas such as: Hardware & Software Engineering, Commercial Sales, Marketing, and Admin support. Additionally, this role will support internal stakeholders to provide workforce and business continuity plans to executive management.
This is a full-time, salaried position. While we prefer the candidate to reside in the Greater Boston area and operate out of our Cambridge, MA office, a hybrid or fully remote work environment is also acceptable.
Today’s research, clinical, and quality control labs are expected to discover and produce at a pace once considered unimaginable. Now, to lead is to be led by data. The Elemental Machines platform elevates LabOps teams in charge of machines, instruments, data, facilities, training, quality, and compliance to lead data-driven discovery, development, and delivery. But there are over 300 Million physical instruments, devices, and machines not yet connected to the cloud. We are simplifying the connection between the physical and digital worlds using IoT and AI-driven insights. The result is a lab united by a universal cloud-connected dashboards and operations.
Excellence in LabOps is a connection away.
What do we do?
We elevate LabOps teams to lead data-driven discovery, development, and delivery.
How do we do it?
We simplify the connection between the physical and digital worlds.
Why do we do it?
Optimizing the operations of research, clinical, and quality control labs has an exponential impact.
Elemental Machines is a startup company based in Cambridge, MA, and we love it here! Being right next to some of the most innovative companies in the IoT and Biotech industries gives us drive and passion to pursue our own big goals, while enabling other companies to pursue theirs.
We are committed to delivering on our promise to our customers: accelerate how they get science done. This commitment touches every level of our culture because we are excited every day to stretch our creativity in balancing the needs of our customers with the resources at our disposal and to thoughtfully interact with our peers to keep our mission on track.
- Perform Full Life Cycle Recruiting activities, such as: workforce planning, sourcing, screening, selection, closing, and onboarding top talent.
- Maintain candidate contact through pre-employment processes to start date and ensures candidates are smoothly transitioned to the onboarding stage.
- Coach and train hiring managers on recruitment, interview and selection processes, and provide recommendations for improvement and efficiency.
- Consult with executive management and hiring managers on a regular basis to review hiring plans and recruitment strategies for each position, including both newly created and replacement positions.
- Perform analysis of operational and HR metrics to assess effectiveness of recruiting programs and practices and report out to Elemental Machines’ leadership team.
- Conduct salary negotiations with selected candidates, acting within agreed parameters.
- Work with agencies to assist with recruitment, as necessary.
- Assist with the development, revision, and finalization of job descriptions.
- BA/BS Degree required; further education and/or certification in HR is a plus.
- 5-7 years experience in talent acquisition, with a proven track record of recruiting impactful candidates and expertise in current best practices.
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed candidates and employees in a fast-paced, results-driven, and rapidly changing environment.
- Adaptability of style and ability to work with people at all levels of the organization.
- Experience working for startup companies or high-growth organizations.
- Experience working in a lab or with laboratory equipment is a plus.
Please send your cover letter & resume to email@example.com and be sure to put the job title you are applying for in the subject line.
Also, please answer the following two questions in your email:
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for Employment VISA Status (e.g. - H-1B VISA Status)?