Customer Success Manager, Central USA
About the role:
Elemental Machines is seeking a Highly Motivated Customer Success Manager. To be successful in this role, you will be someone who excels at offering top-notch customer support, nurturing customer relationships, managing onboarding processes, and developing and executing detailed plans that bring customers both immediate value and long-term success.
We are looking for someone located in the Chicago area to support our growing customer base in the area. It may include travel and support of customers located in other areas of the country to start.
Today’s research, clinical, and quality control labs are expected to discover and produce at a pace once considered unimaginable. Now, to lead is to be led by data. The Elemental Machines platform elevates LabOps teams to lead data-driven discovery, development, and delivery by simplifying the connection between physical and digital worlds. The result is a lab united by a universal cloud-connected dashboard and operations, informed by monitoring of every asset and environment, both in real-time and over time. Why? The standards established by operations determine the pace of output and discovery organization-wide.
Excellence in LabOps is a connection away.
What do we do?
We elevate LabOps teams to lead data-driven discovery, development, and delivery.
How do we do it?
We simplify the connection between the physical and digital worlds.
Why do we do it?
Optimizing the operations of research, clinical, and quality control labs has an exponential impact.
Elemental Machines is a startup company based in Cambridge, MA, and we love it here! Being right next to some of the most innovative companies in the IoT and BioTech industries gives us drive and passion to pursue our own big goals, while enabling other companies to pursue theirs.
We are committed to delivering on our promise to our customers: accelerate how they get science done. This commitment touches every level of our culture, because we are excited every day to stretch our creativity in balancing the needs of our customers with the resources at our disposal, and to thoughtfully interact with our peers to keep our mission on track.
- Become an expert of our Product to provide training and credible guidance on how to best apply our Product to our customer’s needs
- Act as liaison between customers and technical teams in validating customer requirements
- Communicate with customers on future initiatives including Product roadmap, new products, company activities, new business opportunities and ongoing system improvements
- Track client issues, proposing solutions and escalating to the appropriate person to the point of resolution
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure 100% client satisfaction
- Work directly with assigned customer accounts to onboard them from point of hand-off (from the sales team) to a long-term successful position
- Identify and leverage opportunities for customer referrals and marketing case studies, taking care of developing, preparing, and nurturing customers for advocacy
- Proven track record providing stellar customer support and experience onboarding customers onto SaaS platforms
- 5+ years in B2B/Enterprise/SaaS/PaaS as a Customer Success Manager, Account Manager or similar role
- Expert in training or similar technical communication and Excellent Communication Skills
- Subscription renewal/revenue/retention experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology and adapt quickly
- Experience with CRM and CSM software as well as Zendesk/Freshdesk.
- High level of empathy and customer advocacy skills
- BS or BA degree or equivalent work experience
- Travel: Approximately 25% to customer sites
- Experience building workflows for Customer Success pathways
- Knowledge of Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical industry
- Skills in designing and implementing customer-facing content and documentation
Please send your cover letter & resume to email@example.com and be sure to put the job title you are applying for in the subject line.
Also, please answer the following two questions in your email:
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for Employment VISA Status (e.g. - H-1B VISA Status)?